How about adding a tropical tart recipe to your repertoire? This Pineapple & Coconut Tropical Tart recipe comes from Nira Astasari in Indonesia. Thanks Nira! (you can follow her on Instagram here: @DearNira)
- 2 Egg Yolk
- 12 cup Sugar
- 1 12 tbsp Corn Starch
- 23 cup Warm Pineapple Juice
- 12 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Whipping Cream, 35% fat (or more), chilled
- 2 cups Pineapple
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 12 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 cup Shredded coconut
- 1 cup Butter, Soften
- 14 cup Confectioners sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare the pineapple mouse. Stir egg yolks with sugar until creamy and pale yellow colored. Stir in cornstarch. Gradually whisk in the warm pineapple juice until thoroughly mixed.
- Place the yolk mixture into a small saucepan and cook over low heat while stirring until yolk boils and thickens.
- Remove the heat and stir in vanilla extract. Let it cool.
- Whip the cold whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually stirring whip cream into pineapple mixture.
- Prepare the filling. Cut pineapple into small cubes. Mix using spatula the brown sugar along with cinnamon powder, salt and corn starch. Set aside
- Prepare the crust. In large bowl, mix sugar and butter until creamy
- Add flour and shredded coconut all at once into butter mixture then stir using wooden spoon until well corporate.
- Let the dough rest and chill on the fridge for 1 hour
- Roll the dough and place on tart pan (20x20cm) then pinch with fork to prevent bubbling