By Rachel Forte
As a former New Englander, I’m very picky when it comes to maple syrup! Only the good stuff please! Catskill Provision makes THE tastiest syrup that is all natural & perfect for baking.
If you prefer making your own granola like me, maple syrup is a perfect binding ingredient to get those great clusters we all love. This granola base is perfect for adding in any of your favorite accompaniments like dried fruits, nuts, seeds, or chocolate!
It tastes amazing plain as an on-the-go snack, tossed into oatmeal or snack bars, or in these Red, White, & Blue Parfaits! Happy 4th of July everyone!
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- a sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 egg white (optional if you’re not vegan) – It helps bind extra large clusters!
- Add-ins of your choice – I went with chopped sliced apricots & cinnamon-roasted pumpkin seeds – You could also used almonds, peanuts, raisins, dark chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, dried apples, or walnuts!
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Stir the oats, add-ins, salt, brown sugar, syrup, & olive oil together.
- If using the egg white for extra clusters beat 1 egg white in a separate small bowl until frothy, then gently stir into granola mixture until evenly coated.
- Spread the mix onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. (The paper makes it much easier to break the clusters apart after cooling.)
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until golden brown & no longer wet.
- After letting it cool completely, use your hands to break apart the sheet into clusters as small or large as you like!
- For Red, White, & Blue Parfaits take a small glass and alternate handfuls of granola, greek yogurt (I use plain since the granola & berries are sweet, but use any variety you like!), & blueberries/strawberries/raspberries/blackberries. (I love the strawberry/blueberry combo.)