Recipe by Tyler Westerfield (@tylerwesterfield)
- 3 ¼ C. flour
- ¼ C. sugar
- 2 ½ tsp active dry yeast
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp dried lavender
- 1 tbsp. of lemon zest
- ¼ C. water
- 1 egg
- ¾ C. milk
- ½ C. butter
- 1/3 – ½ C. Blueberry Bourbon Jam from The Jam Stand
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. of melted and cooled butter
- Butter and 9X9 inch square baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 C. flour, yeast, sugar, lavender, lemon zest and salt; mix well and set aside.
- Beat together egg and water, set aside.
- Heat milk with butter in saucepan until butter is melted, then remove from heat. Let cool to 110 degrees then add egg mixture slowly to the milk/butter mixture.
- Add flour mixture ½ cup at a time to the liquid, stirring with a wooden. Once the dough has come together, dump out on a well-floured surface. Kneading in the remaining ¼ cup of flour as needed for until dough is smooth, 5 mins.
- Place the dough in slightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 10-15 mins.
- Roll dough into a 12×9 rectangle on a well-floured surface using a rolling pin.
- Spread 1/3-1/2 cup of the Blueberry Bourbon Jam, leaving a ½ inch boarder around the edge. Roll up dough and pinch seam to seal. Trim the ends of the roll. Cut the rolls every 1 1/3 inch and place cut side up in buttered pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let them rise until doubled, 30 minutes.
- Once rolls have risen, put them on the middle rack in a 375-degree pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes rotating the pan half way through baking. Rolls should be well risen and slightly golden when done.
- While the rolls cool, make a simple icing to pour over the rolls. Mix together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and melted butter until you get the desired smooth and thick consistency.
- Spread over rolls and dish them out. The rolls are best when eaten day of.