Made by Katherine Turro (@kturro)
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Greenpoint Trading Co. jerk seasoning (add more or less depending on spice level you enjoy!), plus two more tablespoons for crusting the burgers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to season
- 3 brioche buns, toasted
- Cabbage slaw (or carrots – whatever you like)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, egg, garlic, bread crumbs, olive oil, jerk seasoning, and other spices. Using your hands, form the meat mixture into three large, flat patties.
Pour some of the extra jerk seasoning in a flat dish. One by one, lay the burger patties in the dish and turn over, so that they are evenly coated with seasoning. Place the burgers on the lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet and remove patties from the oven. Finish the burgers in the skillet for a nice char.
Toast brioche buns and spoon Greek yogurt into the bottom half of the bun. Add the burger and top with slaw and cilantro. Enjoy!