YIELD: Makes 12 large or 24 small blondies
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
12 TBS unsalted butter, cold
1 1/2 C packed brown sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 TBS Dave’s Coffee Syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 C medjool dates, chopped
3/4 C pecan halves, toasted and chopped
3/4 C bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chip
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Grease 9×13 inch pan and line with a parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, brown sugar and salt. Remove from the heat and stir in the coffee syrup until well combined. Let the mixture cool to room temperature. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk until combined. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Add the dates, pecans and chocolate chips and stir gently.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake 18 to 24 minutes, until the blondies are set on the edge and top is golden and brown and just beginning to form cracks. A wooden skewer or toothpick inserted into the blondies should come out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely. Use the parchment to gently lift the blondies from the pan. Cut into squares.