Recipe by Tyler Westerfield
- 6 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
- 11 Tbsp. unsalted butter, plus more for preparing pan
- 1 C. sugar
- ¾ C. dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp. table salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp. strong coffee
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C. flour
- 1 C. additional chocolate or 1 C. nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9” spring form pan with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter over simmering water. Side aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add salt, vanilla, coffee, and eggs. Whisk until fully combined. Slowly add melted butter/chocolate mixture, continually whisking. Fold in flour, being careful not to overmix. Fold in extra chocolate or nuts if using.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes, until brownie is just set. (Prepare honey whipped cream and mint berry salad while brownie bakes; recipes follow below.)
- When brownie is done, a toothpick should come out of the center with small crumbs attached; do not overbake. Remove outer pan ring and set brownie on a wire cooling rack.
- To assemble, remove brownie from lower pan and center on a round serving platter or cake stand. Spread honey whipped cream in an even layer on top of brownie, leaving a 1” border. Spoon mint berry salad over whipped cream, creating a mound in the center of the tart. Serve immediately.
Honey Whipped Cream
Whisk together 1 C. heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold in 3-4 Tbsp. Catskill Provisions Raw Wildflower Spring Honey 1 Tbsp. at a time to desired sweetness.
Mint Berry Salad
Combine 1 C. each blueberries and sliced strawberries with 8-10 mint leaves, chopped, and 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar. Cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to assemble.