Recipe by Evan Namerow (@evanlykitchen)
I love a good, creamy bowl of oatmeal in the morning, but sometimes there’s just no time to stand over the stove and wait for your oats to cook down when you’re rushing out the door to a meeting. Enter overnight oats! They’re easy and just as creamy as stovetop oats, and the possibilities are endless. I used The Jam Stand’s lovely blueberry bourbon jam to add a touch of sweetness to this satisfying breakfast.
- 1 cup old-fashioned, rolled oats (don’t use steel cut when making overnight oats or else it’ll turn to mush)
- 1 cup almond milk, or any milk of your choice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons The Jam Stand’s blueberry bourbon jam
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats and milk, making sure that the oats are fully immersed in the liquid. Whisk in the yogurt, maple syrup, and cinnamon until well combined, and then stir in coconut and jam.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, pour into two bowls (or jars if you’re on the go!) and serve at room temperature or slightly warmed.